Thursday, June 27, 2024

Clenched Fist


ORIGINS: Wollongong, NSW
GENRE: Street Punk
YEARS ACTIVE: 2002
 
MEMBERS:
  • Chris Sears - Vocals, Guitar
  • Adam James - Vocals, Bass
  • Cohen Brown - Drums
SUMMARY: Clenched Fist was a short-lived Wollongong band whose members went on to play in several longer-lived and more well-known bands. The band played a handful of shows before members moved on to other projects.
 
SHOWS: 
ORAL HISTORY:
CHRIS: Me and Adam had some songs we'd written together but no drummer. We went to watch some local bands Cohen was there - he asked if I would be keen to play for Brazen Hearts. I told him I had a band but needed a drummer. He said, "If you play for Brazen Hearts, I'll drum for Clenched Fist." We played our first show by jumping up on stage and using Topnovil's gear for 3 songs at the end of their set. It was at Club 77 for Jim's (Run for Cover) 21st birthday gig.  
Chris Sears, Noise Levels correspondence, 2024

COHEN: Clenched Fist was me trying my hand at playing drums - atrociously - alongside two friends. We played a straightforward oi/street punk style. Less melodic and more aggressive my other band, The Brazen Hearts. 
Cohen Brown, Noise Levels correspondence, 2024

CHRIS: The band finished when me and Cohen kind of just focused on Brazen Hearts for a bit. After a few months two mates wanted to form a band with Adam and me, so we formed All Out Attack. So Clenched Fist went on to be All Our Attack but a bit better... we re-used a few riffs or lines from Clenched Fist songs but not whole songs. 
Chris Sears, Noise Levels correspondence, 2024

RELATED BANDS: Brazen Hearts, All Our Attack, A.W.O.L., Thoughtcrime, Topnovil, Steppin' Razor, Reason Strikes, Not OK

No comments:

Post a Comment