Monday, March 4, 2024

Kreture

ORIGINS: Kingswood, NSW
GENRE: Metal / Grunge
YEARS ACTIVE: 1995-1997
 
MEMBERS:
  • Clarrie Nolan (Vocals, Guitar)
  • Preston Peachey (Drums)
  • Nathan Galea (Bass) [1995-1996, 1997]
  • Aimee Kimber (Bass) [1996]
RELEASES: 
  • Self-Titled (1995)
    • 1. Annoying
    • 2. Just My Luck
    • 3. Ode to My Everything
    • 4. To Be or Not to Be Myself
    • 5. Mirror Image
    • 6. M.D.A.
    • 7. How R Ewe
    • 8. Everything
SUMMARY: Kreture were a three-piece band formed by Kingswood High School students in Year 8. They played shows for a few years and put out a CD, and would practice in Nolan's bedroom. The band stopped playing when some members left school.
 
SHOWS: 
  • Harold Corr Community Hall, Werrington - unknown date, 1996?
  • Pioneer Tavern, South Penrith - 1st March, 1997
ORAL HISTORY:
"I was in Year 8, which is when I started playing drums. I tried playing guitar but we had no drummer. Clarries, Nathan and I had a guitar play-off/battle and I lost, so I had to play drums. I was bummed, but not for long."
Preston Peachey (Drums), Noise Levels correspondence, 2024

"We were just jammin' in High School, we used to practice in a cleaner's closet during lunch break and at my place after school. It was a punk grunge style. We did a cover of Khe Sanh."
Clarrie Nolan, Noise Levels correspondence, 2024

"Some of our songs are depressing and some are really jumpy... It depends on what mood we're in and what we feel like playing."
Aimee Kimber, Penrith Press, 1997
 
"We played at the Civic Centre in Katoomba a bit, Lawson Hall, Melrose Hall... Nath and I had to carry our equipment from Kingswood to get to that show! Also played at the Pioneer Tavern, a hall in Werrington, the Henry Lawson pub in Werrington. We once did a show at Nepean Shores, and only about 5 people turned up, haha."
Clarrie Nolan, Noise Levels correspondence, 2024 

"Nath left, he wasn't too keen on playing bass anymore. I got in the band Nale and Preston was in another band."
Clarrie Nolan, Noise Levels correspondence, 2024

RELATED BANDS: Clobassi, Endusk, Nale, Profeci, Cloka



No comments:

Post a Comment